The Riesel Lions Club, Members of the Riesel Lions Club, and any other associated parties of the Lions Club are not responsible for any accidents or unlawful actions committed or as a result of this contest. Hunting is a dangerous sport and all safety measures should be taken to prevent any accidents or injuries.
This is a 24 hour contest
This contest will be a 24 hour contest unless the date falls on a daylight savings time change weekend. We do not provide the land to hunt. It is up to the participants to obtain the land owner's permission to hunt the land in which they will be hunting.
We will have a points series consisting of three hunts. The hunt dates will be as follows...
Total points earned from each of the three hunts will be combined to give teams season points total. The team with the highest season points total will be the 2020 season points champions and will receive a set of 4 custom made belt buckles. If there is a tie for points, the team who turned in the most total animals from all three hunts will be awarded the buckles.
Hunting time begins at 12:00 PM on the Saturday of the contest. Weigh-in's will be the following Sunday at 12:00 PM SHARP at the Riesel Lions Club Fairgrounds located at 1170 East Frederick Riesel, TX 76682.
Entry fee to enter the main pot is $150 per team. Your team may also enter the three (3) side pots for an additional $25 per each pot.
If you have pre-registered by mail, and you have confirmation that we have received your entry fee, your team may begin hunting at 12:00 PM on Saturday. If you registered in-person at the Riesel Lions Club Fairgrounds, you will not receive confirmation.
Failure to check in with judges on Sunday by 12:00 PM SHARP at the Riesel Lions Club Fairgrounds with your ENTIRE team will result in disqualification of your team — No Exceptions!
Entry forms and complete contest rules are available on our website.
Mail-in entries are welcome, but must be received by the Thursday prior to contest. You will receive a conformation phone call or text message letting you know that your entry fee has been received and that your team is entered into the competition. If you do not receive a conformation, it means that we did not receive your entry fee and you will not be entered into the competition. If you have any questions regarding your mail in entry please contact us at (254)498-2020.
Mail-in entry fee must be made by Money Order or Cashiers Check and mailed to:
The Riesel Lions Club
P.O. Box 10
Riesel, Tx. 76682
No personal checks, please!!
1. Must follow all County, State, and Federal hunting laws! (This includes having proper hunting license. A Trapper’s license is NOT required to hunt.)
2. 4 members maximum per team
3. All team members must be present at weigh-in on Sunday to claim prize money
4. All team members must stay together at all times while hunting. No splitting up while hunting!!! You may use ATV's or horses, but you must stay in a group.
5. All animals must be killed within this 24 hour hunting contest!
6. All animals must be called. They must commit to a lip squeak, or call before you shoot. You may hunt around an established dead pit, but animals must be called. No trapped, snared, caged-raised, or frozen animals will be allowed!
7. No baiting, trapping or pooling of animals between teams!!! Your team members must kill the animals you turn in.
8. No hunting in baited areas!
9. Trolling is legal! (Driving around while playing caller)
10. No use of Aircraft (no aerial hunting) or dogs. Teams may use a dog to help find a wounded animal, but not to hunt.
11. The use of spotlights and green or red varmint lights are ok as well as the use of night vision or thermal scopes.
12. Decision of judges is FINAL! (JUDGES WILL ALSO BE HUNTING IN CONTEST)
13. ALL Team members may be subject to, and must be able to take a Polygraph Test on Sunday before any award money will be given out. THIS INCLUDES CONTESTANT SOBRIETY LEVEL!!!!
14. EACH TEAM IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PROPER DISPOSAL OF ALL ANIMALS!!!!!
15. No more than 5 animals per species will be allowed to be turned in for the main pot. All animals killed by your team will be allowed to be turned in for side pots.
16. Main pot winners will be determined by a points system. Points will be awarded as follows:
Mountain Lion - 50 points
Bobcat - 20 points
Coyote - 15 points
Red Fox - 10 points
Grey Fox - 8 points
Raccoon - 4 points
17. In the event of a tie, we will weigh one (the heaviest) of the most valuable point animal from each team to determine a winner starting with the most valuable point animal. (Mountain Lions). If only one team has a mountain lion, they will be awarded the place that was tied and the other team will be awarded the next lowest place. If neither team turns in a Mountain Lions, we will move to the next most valuable point animal (Bobcats).
18. 60% of all main pot entries will go towards the main pot payouts. 40% will go to the Riesel Lions Club. Payouts will be as follows:
1-10 Teams Pays 1st & 2nd Place (split 60% / 40%)
11-20 Teams Pays 1st, 2nd & 3rd Places (split 50% / 30% / 20%)
21 or more Teams Pays 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th places (50% / 30% / 15% / 5%)
19. Side pots are optional, but you must enter the main pot to be eligible to enter side pots. They include HEAVIEST BOBCAT, HEAVIEST COYOTE, and MOST ANIMALS KILLED. Side pots are $25 each/per team to enter. $20 will go to the side pot and $5 per entry fee will go to the Riesel Lions Club.
For a list of Frequently Asked Questions about the rules, please view our Rules FAQ.
For more information contact:
Daniel Stewart (254)498-2020